Planet Mars, also known as Mangal, is often associated with energy, courage, aggression, conflict, and violence. However, a well-placed Mars in the birth chart can make a person brave, confident, ambitious, and successful. On the other hand, a poorly placed Mars can lead to violence, impulsiveness, recklessness, and a higher likelihood of accidents, injuries, conflicts, and diseases.
Mars is considered a natural malefic planet, meaning it tends to bring about difficulties or harm to the individual. However, its effects can vary and become functional malefic or benefic depending on the ascendant sign of the native. For instance, Mars is a functional benefic for Aries and Scorpio ascendants as it rules their first and eighth houses, respectively. Conversely, Mars is a functional malefic for Cancer and Leo ascendants.
The weakened influence of Mars can have psychological effects on human behavior.
Here are some psychological remedies that can help mitigate the negative impacts of Mars:
1. Mindfulness and Self-awareness: Practicing mindfulness and cultivating self-awareness can lead to a better understanding of one’s thoughts, emotions, and behavior. This can aid in developing self-control and improving decision-making skills.
2. Physical Exercise: Mars is associated with physical energy and strength. Regular exercise, such as moderate physical activities like gym workouts, yoga, walking, jogging, or any form of exercise suitable to one’s temperament, can help release pent-up energy, enhance overall physical and mental health, and reduce stress and anxiety.
3. Building Strong Relationships: Mars is linked to relationships, and a strong Mars can indicate a tendency towards conflict and aggression within them. Building strong and healthy relationships can improve social support, reduce stress, and minimize conflicts.
4. Anger Management: Mars is associated with anger, and a strong Mars can indicate a person with a quick temper. Employing anger management techniques like deep breathing exercises, mindfulness practices, and meditation can help diminish the intensity of anger and enhance self-control. It is advisable to practice muscle relaxation exercises under the guidance of a trained therapist.
5. Assertiveness Training: Mars is also associated with assertiveness and standing up for oneself. However, a weak Mars can result in a lack of assertiveness and difficulty in expressing oneself. Participating in assertiveness training can help develop communication skills and boost confidence in self-expression.
6. Creativity and Hobbies: Mars is associated with passion and creativity. Engaging in creative hobbies such as painting, writing, or playing music can help channel Mars’ energy in a positive manner. Hobbies also provide a sense of purpose and fulfillment.
7. Therapy: Mars can also indicate a tendency towards impulsivity and risk-taking behavior. Seeking therapy can be beneficial in exploring underlying psychological issues and developing coping mechanisms to address impulsive behavior.
Regarding Vedic remedies for Mars, chanting the Mars mantra and reciting the Hanuman Chalisa can help reduce the negative effects of Mars.
In conclusion, Mars can have psychological implications that manifest in various ways. Anger management, assertiveness training, physical exercise, engaging in creative hobbies, therapy, mindfulness and self-awareness, and building strong relationships are some psychological remedies that can help mitigate the negative effects of Mars.